Skip to content

I HAVE NEWS!!!

July 17, 2012

Sorry for those who already know the news, having to see it again, but…

I SOLD I SOLD I SOLD!!!  A two-book contract with Grand Central Forever Yours (the digital imprint) for Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy and Who Wants to Marry a Doctor!  WHO-HOO!!!  I’ll have my SOLD ribbon at Nationals and I’m going to the PAN workshop and I’m being Booted Out of The Golden Network and I’m even participating in the Grand Central signing (sample chapters will be on a CD of other Grand Central Forever Yours authors).  I’m SO EXCITED I can barely stand it. Yayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyayyay!!!!!

So that’s it in a nutshell, but I loves me some call stories, so here’s mine.

I signed up for an editor appointment at Nationals and emailed Awesome Agent Rebecca on who I got.  Later my cell phone battery died, and I got an email from her saying call when I had a chance.

Sure, but that was weird.  Why is she calling me about my editor pick?  Not that I mind, but I can’t change it and we usually talk over email.  I sent her an email back saying I was getting off work soon and I’d call her then.

I went back to my technical manual.  Heh.  What if this is The Call?  That’s funny.  I typed some more and then stopped.  Heart rate increased.  Vision blurred.  Breathing quickened.  What if this IS The Call?

Work ended right then.  No way could I concentrate.

I finally gave up and went to the car, plugged in my phone and called.  Had my Call conversation.  Screamed when I hung up the phone.  Celebrated afterward.

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

About these ads
23 Comments leave one →
  1. July 18, 2012 12:16 am

OMG – Congrats! That’s so exciting! :) :) :)

• July 18, 2012 11:13 am

Thank you! I’m so thrilled and nervous and excited and it’s been CRAZY and I love every minute of it. :)

2. edenglenn permalink
    July 18, 2012 5:01 am

OMG OMG OMG OMG> I can’t breathe!!!!! OMG. What a funny call story. LOLOLOL. Oh Abigail I am SOOOOO happy for you. Now, I know you are finished with Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy. Which I love love love. Where is progress on Who Wants to Marry a Doctor? I’m out of the loop.

3. July 18, 2012 6:09 am

I love this story. Especially how you explained away the CALL until you picked up the phone. Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

• July 18, 2012 11:14 am

I know, right? la la la la la, call my agent when I get off work, la la la la la, wait… WAIT. CALL AGENT!!!

4. July 18, 2012 7:11 am

A-B-I-G-A-I-L !!!!!!!!!!! See if I ever go underground and offline for a month again. I missed out on hearing this first hand, but I couldn’t be more happy for you. You know how much I love your writing. These books will be flying off those cyber-shelves and I’ll be first in line for a Pre-Order. Wow-wow-wow-wow-wow….happy dancing for you down here in Texas. Woot!

See you in Anaheim. Muah!

5. July 18, 2012 8:59 am

NO WAY! That is awesome!! Major congrats! You gotta post a link to your work when it becomes available! Have fun in Cali!

6. July 18, 2012 9:09 am

SO FANTASTIC!!! YAAAAAY!!!–and I love not only the call story, but the fact you’ll get to sign at Nationals, etc. Have a wonderful time. Can’t wait to get your book :)

• July 18, 2012 11:15 am

My breath totally left me when I got the email telling me about the signing. It was like… whoa. WHOA. This is for realsies!! :)

7. July 18, 2012 9:44 am

What a great call story! Congratulations!! That’s a lot of fun stuff in a short period of time. Here’s to many more!

• July 18, 2012 11:16 am

Thank you, Terri! When I registered for Nationals, it was supposed to be nice and easy and workshops. Now it’s the complete opposite! Well, still workshops. :)

8. Lily Bishop permalink
    July 18, 2012 10:39 am

Congratulations!!! That is awesome news.

• July 18, 2012 11:17 am

Thanks, Lily!! I’m so thrilled and excited and so many other adjectives that I can’t think of right now. :)

9. July 18, 2012 10:45 am

awesome, Awesome, AWESOME!!!!!!!!! Wow, Abigail, this is such wonderful news!!! I am so happy for you. Congratulations!!! I wish I was going to Nationals so I could celebrate with you. But, believe me, I am happy dancing for you here at home. Congrats again and enjoy every minute of your first conference as a PAN!!!!!!! YAHOO!!!!!!!!! :)

10. July 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Yay! I’m so happy for you. Congratulations! :-D
    *throws more confetti and some glitter for good measure*

11. July 22, 2012 7:24 pm

This is SO exciting!!! I’m taking a blogging break for awhile but decided to sign into Reader to see what was new… Woohoo!! What a surprise..I’m So, so happy for you and so proud.Your hard work has paid off…. :)

12. Ruth Donnelly permalink
    August 2, 2012 1:37 pm

Again, huge congrats! What a great call story! I guess the moral is, when your agent is trying to reach you, make the gosh darn call! :D