The Next Big Blog Hop, take II
The Next Big Blog Tour has swung my way again, this time Christine S. Feldman of Crimson Romance. And this time, I actually REMEMBERED! Yay!
1) What is the working title of your next book?
Who Wants to Marry a Doctor? It’s also the actual title. You hear so many times that authors don’t get to keep their titles, but I was very lucky.
2) Where did the idea come from for the book?
It’s book 2 in the With This Ring series. Book 1 was Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy, and I wanted something where I could switch genders (the doctor is a woman) and still have a nice ring to it.
3) What genre does your book fall under?
Contemporary romance. Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? has been described as charming, sexy, and witty. I hope Who Wants to Marry a Doctor? is the same.
4) What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition?
I have a picture of an actress to play Sabrina, but I didn’t copy her name down with the picture, and I can’t remember who she is! I hope I can find her again. It took me a long, long time to find Quinn, but NCIS came to the rescue! Will Beinbrink played a store clerk on an episode and I looked him up on imdb. When I saw this picture, I about died. PERFECT (except Quinn has blue eyes).
5) What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
A pediatrician raising funds for a children’s clinic participates in a dating game where the audience votes for her dates with money.
6) Who is publishing your book?
Grand Central Forever Yours, out in late 2013.
7) How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript?
Six months from when I started to when I finished, but there was a lot going on in the middle there. Overall, it took me about 10 months to have a finished manuscript.
8) What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? *laugh*
I love the tones of Jill Shalvis and Rachel Gibson, so I’m hoping mine ranks up there with them.
9) Who or what inspired you to write this book?
I wanted a sequel to Who Wants to Marry a Cowboy? That was was heavily inspired by reality TV. The votes for Doctor are more like the audience participation shows instead of one-person-picks-all.
10) What else about the book might pique the readers’ interests?
My hero Quinn is a war reporter who was involved in an IED blast in Afghanistan. I’m dedicating the story to our soldiers past, present, and future.